Hi all! We had a great time on our vacation - lots of funny moments and fun memories. Alex LOVED the beach (as you can see from above picture). Our appointment with the G.I. doc and the nutritionist the day before we left to go on our vaca went well and as expected. Even though Alex is getting 50% of her calorie intake via the NG tube she is gaining very little weight - 10 grams per day vs. the 25 grams she should be gaining on average. The major issue is that Alex won't drink formula and whatever fluids she does drink is scary little compared to what she needs to be drinking. She takes in about 2 oz of fluids per day instead of the 20 oz she should be drinking. Without the needed fluid, calcium and nutritional intake Alex could end up being in a lot of trouble...She can not drink milk or PediaSure yet because she is only 9 months corrected age instead of the 1 year birth age she will be on the August 4th. Steve and I have been going back and forth between being excited about the Mic-Key button ~ we hate putting the NG tube in Alex every night and having to restrain her ~ and saying, 'maybe somehow she won't need it...'. It's a weird mix of emotions. The Mic-Key button can be put in directly by the surgical team which is great. The G.I. doc thinks this would be best for Alex since she seems to astonish everyone with all the ways she finds to pull her tubes out...We were supposed to get a call from our G.I. on Wednesday with a date for the surgery. Instead we got a call on Friday from the G.I. secretary telling us that our G.I. doc will be calling at the end of this week with a date for Alexandria's Mic-Key button surgery. Apparently he is still communicating with the surgeon about a date. We will keep you posted. Please keep on praying...Thank you.

No comments:
Post a Comment