Some of you have asked how Alex's hearing test went. Sorry for not updating the blog with the info sooner. Alex passed her hearing test with flying colors!!! We had to sit in a dark room for the test. There was a one way mirror in there - the doctor sat behind it and made sounds at various levels and pitches to see if Alex turned her head in the right direction. At one point there was a thunder sound and then this box with a toy in it lit up and Alex got so startled that she jumped! Alex got a picture taken of her ear drums after the hearing test. Alex's ear drums look and vibrate perfectly. At this age they test both ears together when they test the hearing. They want to retest Alex when she is 3 years old. At that time they will put headphones on her and will test her hearing in ear ear individually.
Alex has a P.T. appointment on Thursday (Steve will be taking her to that) and on Friday Alex and I are going to our first Mommy and Me Swimming Lesson since all the surgeries. Should be fun! Alex really enjoys water.
Sesame Street Live on Saturday night was a big hit with Alex. She sat really still with her mouth open or her lower lip protruding most of the time. :) On Sunday Alex and I went to a friend's 1 year birthday party - so fun! While Steve and Nick had a much needed night just for the two of them. We have some other fun things planned for this week for Alex and I. I am glad...I don't want Alex to think that every time we walk out the door we will end up in a doctor's office...
Alex's feeding exercises are going well some times and not so well at other times. I am trying not to get discouraged...
Oh, my hives went away - thank you to all who asked...but then I was having a hard time breathing...and today I am losing my voice...I have an appointment with my allergist/asthma doctor and will ask him about this when I see him...This is not the first time I got the hives...and the scary thing about them is that my throat swells...Benedrill helps but if I'm allergic to something that's setting off this kind of a reaction I want to know that that something is so that I can avoid it...
Tank you for your friendship and care!
Oh, my friend's Dad has a MAC and told me some tips about putting the pictures in folders that the tech people just randomly transfer from your old computer to the MAC...He said it took him a while to figure it out but once he did it was easy. I am going to try it and see if I can get my pictures in order sometime soon so that I can post a few of Alex on here for you to enjoy.
Also, I am walking in the March of Dimes March for Babies. If any of you are interested in sponsoring me/Alex or walking with me let me know and I will give you necessary details.

No comments:
Post a Comment