(Chilling out watching Baby Einstein after her very first hair cut)Steve and I took Alex for her very first hair cut today! As I am sure you could see from pictures Alexandria's hair has gotten crazy long. There is a place near us called Hair 4 Kids. It's really cute and the lady did a great job. Steve video taped the whole thing. We were even given a first hair cut diploma with the cut hair in a little baggie attached to it. Steve is having it framed. We also decided to have some professional pictures taken of Alex this Thursday morning. Our original plan was to get pictures taken of Alex a week or so before her first birthday but since she may have a feeding tube in at that time we decided to get the pictures taken now. Alexandria's upper endoscopy procedure and the NG tube placement will be done on Monday June 22nd - my birthday...I was told that when Alex is in the hospital Steve and I will need to attend a class that will teach us how to care for the NG tube and equipment. We will also be connected with a home care crew that will meet us in our home the day of discharge. Alex will still be able to take her swimming lessons with the NG tube. We will just have to be careful not to get her face too wet. The most scary thing to me is that if the tube comes out or if Alex pulls it out we will have to put it back in ourselves...it will take two people to do it. We will also have to test it to make sure it's in correctly. I've seen the RN's do this a million times in the ICN but I have no desire to do it myself to my own child. Sooo...Please pray for the biopsy procedure (upper endoscopy), the NG tube placement and after care in our home, for my milk supply, for wisdom for the doctors, for Alex to gain the approprite weight quickly and for whatever is causing these eating problems and slow weight gain to get resolved fast. Please pray for healing. As far as me, I am feeling much better today then I have over the past few days - just very busy, overwhelmed, stressed and tired. Starting tomorrow will be a very crazy week/weekend and next week will be nuts with the overnight stay at CHOP and then some changes in the way we will have to care for Alex once we get her home. The upper endoscopy test results will take a few days to get back to us I am sure. Please pray for energy, strength and wisdom. Thank you so much!

No comments:
Post a Comment