Sorry no picture this time. I have not taken any since Easter. I will soon though. Today I simply wanted to give a quick update on Alexandria's O.T. appointment. As far as feeding goes there is nothing structurally wrong with the way Alexandria eats or nurses. However, Alex has not gained any weight in 2 weeks...She eats a good amount of food for me and nurses well. I can't figure it out. As a Mom this is very upseting and frusterating. Alex has an appointment with a nutritionist at CHOP in the begining of May. I found out from the O.T. that CHOP has a feeding team that consists of an O.T., a P.T, a Nutritionist, a Speach Therapist and a Child Psychologist. The O.T. suggested that I call to make an appointment with the feeding team and see if I can get in sooner with them then with a nutritionist.
As far development is concerned - Alex is in the 50% percent tile in all areas of development in her adjusted age group which is 5 months. We had a P.T. sit in on our session for a few minutes. The O.T. and P.T. both agreed that Alex should get a full eveluation by a P.T. We have an appointment for this next Wednesday. Alexandria's upper body needs some work and some strengthening. The O.T. sent me home with some exercises to do with Alex through play. After our P.T. appointment we will decide if Alex would best benefit from O.T. or P.T. or a little bit of both. As far as Alex holing her head to the right - that has gotten better in one short week! The O.T. And P.T. both think that if there was something going on there it was mild and it corrected on its own. They also said that it could have simply looked like a shortening of a muscle due to Alexandria's neck muscles being so weak. They do want to work on her neck - stretching and strengthening the muscles there but the concern is a lot less then what it was. In meantime we are gearing up for the March of Dimes fundraiser walk that takes place this Sunday. Please pray for a sunny, warm day... Alex and I won't be able to go to if the weather is cold or rainy. Thank you again for your prayers and care.

No comments:
Post a Comment