Thursday, April 2, 2009


Just a quick update.
The probiotic I have been taking (and Alex has been getting through my breast milk) seems to be helping Alexandria's little digestive track - she has been having a normal poop every day! No more laxitive. :) Some of you wondered if giving Alex water would help her with her pooping situation. Alexandria’s pediatrician does not want Alex drinking water or any other liquid other then my breast milk. The occasional sips out of my water bottle are fine but nothing more then that. The reason is that Alex is having trouble gaining weight- water has no calories, fat, etc. ; my breast milk does…They don’t want her belly to be filled up with something that does not help her gain any weight. And believe me; she gets plenty of liquids from nursing!
Alexandria’s favorite baby food is apples as far as fruit is concerned and carrots in regards to a vegetable. Kind of funny – I ate a ton of apples when I was pregnant with Alex and a lot of carrots dipped in garlic hummus!
Still no teeth! Lots of drooling and sticking things in her mouth...but no teeth yet.
Alex, for the first time, put her foot in her mouth yesterday - literally.
I also wanted you to know that I will be posting a new slide show of pictures at the end of every month for that month. This will make my life much easier because the blog I am using refuses to update the new pictures I continually try to post to the original sideshow. And like I said, I am not the only one using this blog with this issue…So I thought I would bypass it by posting a month worth of pictures in a new slideshow for your viewing pleasure at the end of each month.

PLEASE PRAY FOR ALEXANDRIA’S KIDNEY/BLADDER ULTRASOUND AND UROLOGY FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENT AT CHOP THIS MONDAY! THANK YOU!

Oh, also – Steve, Alex, Nick, my Mom and I are participating in the March of Dimes fundraiser walk on April 26. Their website is http://www.marchofdimes.com/. This walk is to honor little Alex and remember Abigail (my baby Abigail died in 2001 due to a genetic kidney disorder). March of Dimes mission is to give every baby a healthy start. “For many years the March of Dimes has funded programs of research, community services, education and advocacy that prevent birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality.” There were some concerns regarding March of Dimes doing fetal tissue research and human embryonic stem cell research. Steve and I contacted March of Dimes to research these concerns further. March of Dimes in currently not involved in any research involving human embryonic stem cell. I got this in writing from them. Regarding fetal tissue research this is what they wrote, “In some instances, the medical research we’re supporting requires using cells of fetal origin, and this research has led to breakthroughs that save babies’ lives. Fetal tissue research has contributed to major advances in prenatal and postnatal disease prevention and treatment, such as the development of surfactant therapy that is used to treat newborn babies suffering from respiratory distress syndrome. The March of Dimes supports that federal policy that permits research on fetal tissue only with strict safeguards against abuse or incentives for abortion. The March of Dimes neither funds abortion, nor allows its grantees to give directive advice on abortion in the course of March of Dimes supported research. Violation of this policy would be grounds for immediate cancellation of a grant or termination of a cooperative agreement.” If you are interested in sponsoring us please let me know and I will give you some info on how to do it. You can donate right on line under our team if you would like! Very easy…Or you can send us a check or cash. Whatever you would like. Thank you for considering this!

Kamila and Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment