Hi all! check out the two little videos above!
The Baby Einstein Activity Gym was one of the best investments we made - Alex has been enjoying it and growing with it since she has been home AND she does not tire of it!
As many of you know, I carry around a water bottle and drink out of it all the time. Alex watches everything I do very intently (a scary thought) and is fascinated by my water bottle (or whatever it may be I am drinking out of). She is so cute!
Steve and I went to Whole Foods yesterday to do some grocery shopping while my mom watched the baby. We ended up talking to one of the reps there about health things and natural ways of curing different ailments. We started talking about the baby and one of the things the rep informed us of is that you can become dependant on a laxative and for a small baby like Alex to be taking a laxative is not such a great thing. This is probably why the pediatrician waited for so long to give that to Alex. The laxative worked as far as softening and moving Alexandria’s bowels (which is great!) but I don’t want to keep giving it to her unless I have to and I definitely don’t want to give it to her every day. The lady suggested for me to take a probiotic. She said that Alex will get it in my breast milk when she nurses and that this may help her a bit with the digestion and pooping. Alexandria’s baby oatmeal has probiotic in it but a very small amount. I am going to take Alex off the laxative and try what the lady suggested – let’s hope this works! The rep said that if me taking the probiotic does not work then I can give Alex a probiotic especially formulated for babies.
I am still in the process of attempting to make an appointment with a nutritionist and an O.T. for Alex at the CHOP specialty clinic in Voorhees – the line was busy every time I tried to call on Friday so I will try again tomorrow. BTW - did I tell you that Alex likes her baby food now and eats nicely? I still have to feed her every 2-3 hours but that's fine. Her tummy is small and between the reflux and the digestion issues it makes sense that 3 big meals a day would be difficult for Alex to handle. The only problem is that she does not want to eat when her Mommy is not home...She is eat for Steve but anyone else who watches her when we are not here is in for a treat when it comes to feedings...She pretty much refuses to eat until I come home. Arrrg...
In meantime… it’s getting harder and harder for me (Kamila) to be stationary – at home all the time, not having any “me” time, etc. I am longing for some scheduled time during which I can get back into yoga, pilates, some cardio - you know, time away from home to not only get my body toned up but a time to get out, distress and just be me. Not having this time did not bother me up until recently…God sure gave me a whole lot of grace for the season! Now that the season is slowly coming to an end I am itching for a bit more flexibility and freedom. But I’m not out of this season just yet…kind of frustrating. Don’t get me wrong – I want to be nowhere else but home with Alex but now I want to combine that with some Kamila time as well. I’ve pretty much been “home” doing nothing but caring for my baby for a year (pregnancy included)…I also can’t wait to be able to go to church, Bible Studies, to explore this area more, make a few friends, go to a park, out to lunch, show off Alex…all the simple little pleasures. I am sure all you mom’s know what I am talking about! :) The closer it gets the harder it becomes...
We have been very busy getting our basement and the rest of our home in order - or trying to. Very time consumng and not cheap! BUT very rewarding and much needed.
Your prayers are much appreciated! Thank you again for your friendship and care. Till next time...May God bless you and keep you.

she is so adorable!! and i love hearing steve talk to her-- it is so sweet! there is nothin like a Daddy's love!
ReplyDelete