Today Alex had 2 appointments - one with General Anesthesia and one with G.I. Nutrition. Alex and I left the house at 10:00 a.m. and didn't get home till 4:30 p.m.! The General Anesthesia folks were running late...and it pushed everything back, way back...a very long day for Alex and I. Both appointments went well. Anesthesia just went over Alexandria's history with a fine tooth comb to make sure nothing got missed; gave detailed directions about eating and drinking and giving meds the night before and the morning of and explained what will take place on their end before and after surgery. The surgery itself will be about 2 1/2 hours long with prep time of about an hour and a half and wake up/come to time of about an hour...They told us we would be staying at CHOP for 2 nights provided everything goes well. It has been my experience that however long they tell you the stay is double it...I am hoping to be home on Friday or Saturday. The G.I. Nutrition appointment went well also. Alex gained back the wight she lost due to all the vomiting. She also grew length wise. Alexandria is back to 21.5 lbs and measures 30 inches in length! She is a 15-25% title for babies her age. The G.I. Nutritionist we see really goes above and beyond for us in so many ways! She is such a blessing. She got us an appointment with the CHOP allergist our G.I. doc recommended a lot sooner then I ever could have! This is so important because until Alex gets tested for allergies we are not allowed to give her any food by mouth...except for the teething cookies, toasted bread crust and honey graham crackers we have been giving her...We are also still waiting to get hooked up with a Child Psychologist who will be working with Alex on her eating aversions weekly and then bi-weekly. We should be getting up on the waiting list now....I hope...this is taking a LOT longer then we anticipated and without a "guide" we are not "allowed" to go forward. BUT even if we had a Child Psychologist assigned to us now we could not move forward without seeing an allergist first...So...I'm hoping to close up all these loop holes soon so that we can begin to possibly make a few more baby steps in the area of feeding Alex! Our Nutritionist is the one who brought this up actually...and I am thankful for her taking that initiative. God has placed some good people/doctors in Alexandria's life. :)
This is gross...but the formula that is working so well for Alex is giving her the runs and that is just the way it is...so it all leaks out of diapers...and I am daily cleaning up poop from clothes, sheets, etc. and bathing Alex....I tired a few different kinds of diapers (including the overnight diapers) and nothing works. Today I tired an extra absorbency insert...no help. Tonight and tomorrow I will be trying those gdiapers. I hope something works...! Alex continues to get TERRIBLE diaper rashes if I don't use the Kuzu Root on her with every or every other diaper change. That is just so wild to me! I use pure vitamin E on her bottom sometimes - maybe every other diaper change. And I have to continue to wipe Alex's bottom with a cloth or a paper towel dipped in warm water and/or unscented Dove soap. So I got a little diaper wipe warmer for cloth diaper wipes so that I don't have to run to the bathroom before every diaper change, run the water till it gets warm, etc. and then not even know if I have enough or too many wipes...and this way I'm not wasting all our paper towels. Lots of gadget out there these days but so helpful and time saving!
Alex's cheeks are so rosy now! They've never been like that! Ever...She is even more active then she was before...She is very lovey now - giving out hugs and kisses. She was looking at herself in the mirror today and giving herself kisses and then giving me kisses. She entertained herself like that for a while! She does have some separation anxiety from her Mom and Dad and Big Brother now. She hides her little face in my chest when someone talks to her or gets close to her. She is not really biting anymore and for the most part stopped hitting her head and face - I love our Pediatrician! We have an appointment for Alexandria's 2nd dose of Swine Flu shot tomorrow morning and then we get a break from appointments till the kidney surgery. Thank you again for praying! Please continue to lift us up.
Oh, and remember the preemie baby boy I told you about a while back? Well, he got to go home yesterday and is over 6 lbs now! He is doing great and nursing like a champ! Praise the Lord! A true miracle!
Have a great night!

No comments:
Post a Comment