Monday, January 11, 2010

The Big Day

Tomorrow is Alexandria's kidney surgery. This week has been kind of crazy preparing for being away again while doing a ton of other stuff. I've been doing laundry around the clock and I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! With Alex now using gDiapers and cloth wipes I have extra wash to do...but it's worth it! The cloth wipes are more absorbent so we don't have to rub her sore/sensitive bottom nearly as much as with regular wipes and since they are only soaked in water and warmed up to body temp they are gentler on Alex's bum. The gDiapers are the only diapers I've been able to find that Alex's water-like BM (due to her new formula) does not seep through onto her clothes (inside and out) and whatever she is sitting on or laying on. Today I am washing sheets and towels. All our clothes have been washed and put away. I'm gonna clean our out fridge before we leave. I made a list of things we need to pack tonight and when Steve gets home we will pack and load up the car as much as we can. I am to stop Alexandria's formula (overnight feed) at 11:00 p.m. and switch it to Pedialyte till 2 hours before our arrival time. I won't find out our arrival time until sometime between 3:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. this evening. Please pray for our little munchkin! I will try to get to a computer to update you as to how things are going but if I don't I will do so once we get home. Thank you again for your support and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment