This morning Alex let out a big yawn and said, "Oh, man..."! She also says, "Bye, see (ya)" when we are leaving, "See?" when she wants you to look at something and if she likes something she says, "Awh yeah!". She says "Hi" and "Hello"and "Oh-Oh" especially when the phone rings or beeps. She says, "Pretty", "Mama" and "Daddy". She says "Cookie" and makes blowing sounds like "Pff, pfff" with her mouth when she wants you to blow bubbles or blow on her face with one of the bath toys. She says, "Mmmwah!" when she gives you kisses or when she wants a kiss. She says, "Pat, pat, pat" when she gives hugs and then pats you on the back. She claps and says "Yayyy!" a lot. She says "Yeah! while making little fists and making a pounding motion with her arms. Alex says, "It's okay" to make herself feel better. She also says "Yeah, okay" or "Yes, okay" when you ask her if she wants to do something and she wants to do it. Alex is starting to combine words into little sentences like "Hello Daddy", "Yes okay", "Bye, see (ya)". She tries to repeat what we say now or what other people say. She chants "Bathy, bathy" when she wants a bath. Last time Meghan watched Alex she said that Alex went to the bathroom, stood by the edge of the bath chanting "bathy, bathy" and then pulled her little blow up bath tub down into the regular tub. So funny! Alex has a ton of personality! She does little "downward dog" stands (for those of you who know yoga you know exactly I mean) and then puts her arms up in the air! She tires to climb just about everything! Alex likes to roll a ball back and forth with whoever is around and push her little shopping cart from one end of the room to the other. She likes to takes things out of containers and then put them back in. She is into everything! Alex is not walking yet...but continues to take a few steps here and there. She makes the cutes faces and is very expressive. Ales is good company! She is a very happy, active, go with the flow baby! I love spending time with her! Sometimes I can't believe that I get to be her Mommy!
This month is very tough...with at least 3 days each week filled with appointments forAlex...On Tuesday Alexandria gets her stent removed! Hopefully this will be the last time Alex will need general anesthesia for a loooong time! Yesterday we met with a Child Psychologist regarding Alex's eating and her feeding exercises. I was very encouraged because the Child Psychologist said that I am doing a great job and it is obvious that I am spending a lot of time with Alex on these exercises because there is no way we would have these kind of results if I wasn't. I needed to hear that...and she is right, it is a lot of work...but it's paying off and it's so neat to see the process! Now we are going to be refining what we have been working on over the past two weeks. Baby steps. Today we had an appointment scheduled with G.I. Nutrition that got canceled due to weather and got rescheduled for next week. We are combining that appointment now with the G.I. doctor appointment - that's better anyway...Tomorrow Alex has her 18 month well visit to make sure she is growing they way she should be and to get all her shots. The doc will also check Alex's ears to see if there is still fluid behind her ear drums. I will keep you posted as I can with all these appointments. Steve is away (in and out) for most of this month so I am flying solo...God has been giving me the energy and strength that I need to do all the tasks at hand but I have to admit that I forget to feed our fish sometimes. Oooops! They are downstairs in the rec room - out of site out of mind...and Steve is the one who feeds them...Hopefully I won't kill them by starving them.
Keep on praying! Especially for the stent removal which requires anesthesia and for the eating issues/feeding exercises. Thank you!

No comments:
Post a Comment