Monday, August 24, 2009

Answered Prayer!

Hey! Thank you all for praying! Alex fell asleep while I was holding her yesterday afternoon and was sweating like I have never seen her sweat before! She slept for a few hours while I watched T.V. When she woke up her fever was gone! I checked it throughout the evening and this morning - no fever! I took Alex to the pediatrician this morning first thing in the morning without a urine sample (Alex kept on peeing out of the bags I was putting on her somehow). The doctor said Alex looks great that what she had must have a virus, no need for a urine test at this point. He said we are very lucky it only lasted 48 hours. I told him I and other were praying for this. I contacted the surgeon today to let them know what happened over the weekend. They said that as long as Alex is fever free for at least 24 hours and as long as she is not coughing and is not congested we should be good to go for tomorrow. I am to keep an eye on her today and tomorrow when we wake up. In meantime, I have to call the scheduling people sometime between 3:30 and 6:00 today to find out what our arrival time is. We have lots to do today...including packing up Alex and ourselves for a 2-4 night hospital stay. I am also trying to get everything done here at the house today so that when we get back from the hospital all I have to do is unpack, get settled and care for Alex as she is recovering. Please keep on praying for Alexandra's protection, surgery, recovery, healing, etc. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment