Saturday, August 29, 2009

HOME!

We got home yesterday afternoon. Things have been busy and hectic with unpacking, laundry, going through Alexandria's supplies, adjusting to the Mic-Key button, adjusting to a new feeding schedule and all that entails and simply getting settled in. I got up at 6:30 this morning when the feeding pump started to beep to let us know that 10 hour night time feed was done. I found Alex sound asleep with the tube still attached and everything intacked! I flushed it, gave Alex her medicine, flushed it again, disconnected everything and put Alex back in her crib. She fell right back asleep! I cleaned up all the feeding tube supplies and set out to do more clean up, set up and laundry. I was able to have breakfast, coffee and a QT before anyone woke up which was wonderful! I woke Alex up at 8:30, fed her breakfast and then at 9:00 hooked up her moring feed. Everythings seems to be going smoothly so far. Hectic, a bit stressful but smoothly - thanks to you and all your prayers all is well so far! Please continue to pray for us and for Alex - for healing, for no issues with the button or the surgery site, for Alex to not try to pull the button out or pick at it, for Alex to not pull on her tubes while sleeping and getting fed and for an easy, smooth tansition. Thank you! Oh, I posted pics from the hospital - enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for all the updates-- even in the midst of your busyness. what an awesome answer to prayer that all is going smoothly! hope you can rest a little today and tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete