Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bath Time!

I just spoke to the surgical nurse who gave me the thumbs up regarding giving Alex a real bath today! I had to sponge bathe Alex because she was not allowed to have her incisions submerged under water for 2 weeks. Alex is not a big sponge bath fan so that whole experience has not been fun for anyone. I am looking forward to giving Alex a normal bath - she loves baths! I am also a bit nervous...what if she slips and bumps the button and injures her surgery site? I think I'm going to have Steve help me with bathing Alex when he gets home tonight so that I get more of a comfort level before having to do it on my own. As many times I bathed that child this is all new to me in so many ways...I am excited! I feel like this is a big step towards getting past the healing process and getting our lives back to "normal". One small step after another.

Tomorrow we have a follow-up appointment with CHOP nutrition during which we will find out how Alex is doing with her weight gain since she got the button and 3 tube feeds during the day on top of the overnight feed and being fed by mouth. She looks chunky to me - so cute! I hope I will have some good news to report back to you. As far as eating by mouth - Alex is eating the same as she was before the surgery...Like like said, we need to make friends with food and this will take time. I have not been following suggestions the Feeding Team made because while Alex is healing from her surgery I do not want to pull her in and out of the high chair (we've been feeling her in her little green bouncy seat or by propping her up on the couch). Once Alex's surgery site is all healed we will get all messy playing with food while sitting in the high chair. :)

Alex has her kidney follow-up appointment on the 21st. Please continue to pray for Alexandria's kidney issues.

We have a G.I. follow-up, Pediatrician follow-up and a flu shot appointment all set up and ready to go as well.

Hope you had a great Labor Day weekend! Steve and I didn't do anything...We stayed at home, relaxed and caught up with some things. I didn't even realize this weekend was Labor Day weekend till Thursday night...Steve said he didn't either. We were happy just to be home. Exciting lives we live, ey?

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment