Alex has been a bit sick over the past 9 days - congestion, a huge ulcer on her tongue, low-grade fever off and on and vomiting. She is pretty amazing - such an easy going, pleasant baby when she is sick! The pediatrician said there are a lot of viruses going around and it seems like Alex somehow caught a couple of them - a cold and a stomach virus. He said this could go on for another 4 to 7 days. The congestion is not in Alexandria's lungs which is a relief, her glands are not inflamed and her throat is fine. We had to stop her feeds (per the G.I. Doctor) for the 2nd time this week and replaced them with Pedialite due to the throwing up. All of this is a good reminder that the cold and flu season is upon us and Alex in not getting her synigis shots this time around. I need to be very careful not to have Alex around sick people again through the fall, winter and spring in order to protect her lungs and keep her healthy for all her tests, procedures, etc. All of this being sick did not come at a good time. Alexandria's MRU test is on the 9th and she needs to be sedated for that test. This means that she can not be sick; if she is we will have to reschedule. Please pray for Alexandria to get better quickly and for me to not get sick...I have been feeling really worn out lately myself as though my body is trying to fight something off.
If you are praying for my friend Melissa's son - they named him Kyren David. Kyren means "Lord have mercy" and David (his father's first name) means "The Lord's Beloved". How beautiful...Kyren is hanging in there. Of course there are many issues and there is a long road ahead of Dave and Melissa. Their faith is strong and their love for the Lord inspiring. Having a baby in the NICU and all that it entails is challenging enough but having to care for a their 1 1/2 year old son in the midst of it makes their lives that much more tricky. Keep on praying if you are praying. Kyren will be in the NICU till he is at least 40 weeks, weights a minimum of 4 lbs, is breathing on his own, eating on his own, etc. In meantime, he is fighting for his life. Or should I say the Lord is sustaining his every breath just like he does for you and I but in little Kyren we are reminded of how very fragile and helpless we really are and of how very amazing God truly is.
P.S. The only pictures I took in August are the ones that are already posted - from the bday party and the surgery. Check out Alexandria's September pictures. There are not very many of them...I was sort of slacking off with taking pictures this month and last month. I guess I was just really focused on the surgery and on caring for Alex after the surgery...and didn't think much about taking pictures. Wish I had a photographer at home!

No comments:
Post a Comment