I was able to stay home today aaaall day - thank the Lord! I needed a day to catch up with things around here...and to just be. Alex seems to be happy to be home with Mommy today instead of running all around. I'm exhausted and still didn't get everything done today that I wanted to. Story of my life. One of the things I needed to do was to return and make phone calls having to do with Alex. Among the phone calls I had to make was a phone call to restart our Mommy and Me swimming lessons in November. We took a break from them because of Alexandria's Mic-Key button surgery. Donna, the swim instructor, was very happy to hear from me. She said she misses Alex and has been thinking a lot about me and that some babies are just really special to her and Alex is one of them. She said she was going to call me to see how I am doing and that my ears must have been ringing. Then she proceeded to tell me that she is going to a funeral this afternoon. A funeral for her friends' two year old daughter. She said that the little girl was standing up in her crib and then slipped and fell and bumped her head like kids do from time to time. But this time, the bump was hard enough and in such a spot on her head that it caused severe trauma and the little toddler went into a comma. She died soon after. I can't even imagine. I was speechless...You'd think that I would know what to say as a mom who buried her baby 8 years ago...but how do you speak healing into someone elses pain? She said that her friend won't return phone calls. I said I don't blame her...I didn't either...and that I will pray. Oh Lord...help me to pray...give me the words...I am so overcome with grief for this family that I can't find the words to pray...You are a good God...even when you give and take away; even when we don't understand. Lord, we praise Your Holy Name. In grief and in pain we praise Your Holy Name.
Friday, October 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment