Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Spoke Too Soon - Getting Admitted to CHOP

Hi. I am exhausted...so excuse me if this is all over the place...I am going to bed soon but I wanted to make sure I let you know what's going on so that you can pray accordingly. Alexandria began vomiting her feeds today. I spoke with our G.I. doctor and he said that at this point he thinks it would be best for Alex to be admitted to CHOP. He gave me a choice of admitting Alex through E.R. this afternoon or waiting till tomorrow to admit her through the admission office. I chose to admit Alex tomorrow though the admission office. I did not want Alex to sit for hours on end in an E.R. with all kinds of really sick kids...She has enough going on without picking something else up...Our G.I. would like for Alex to stay at CHOP until they find a formula Alex tolerates and can safely go home on. He, of course, also wants to run some test to figure out what is causing all of this - the left kidney, a gastric emptying issue or an allergy. I don't know how long Alex will have to be at CHOP therefore I don't know how long I will be "living" at CHOP. I will try to update you as much as I can, they have a few computers there that patients and family members can use. Thank you for your prayers and friendship.

1 comment:

  1. ugh! i am so sorry to read this post-- what a rough turn of events when she seemed to be doing so well. hang in there, kam. i will be praying for all of you. rest in the arms of the Father who is carrying you close. isaiah 40:11--
    He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.

    ReplyDelete