Alex is now in a big girl car seat! She loves it! We used it for the first time today - she was looking out the window and thought she was a big shot. When I took her out of the car seat she pouted for a long time and was looking at me like 'what did you do that for?'! So cute! I'm so glad she likes her new car seat! The only thing is that my baby is growing up...Oh, and because of the new car seat I also needed to purchase a highchair cover for when we go to a restaurant. Up until now I just had them put the highchair upside down and put the infant car seat in it. Alexandria's infant car seat goes up to 30 lbs. She is not 30 lbs yet but she simply got too big for the car seat...Oh, and the straps in the stroller that came with the infant car seat are like some sort of a Chinese torture! The stroller is great but I can't deal with the straps and I use the stroller all the time due to all our appointments, etc. So I purchased a different stroller today. Had to order it online because the pattern I wanted was not sold in stores - can't wait till we get it! It also seems as though Alex is really to begin transitioning from 2 naps a day to 1! It will be touch and go and back and forth for a while but she is ready. AND I am now putting her hair up in little pigtails - so cute! Alex transitioning from one thing sends a Domino effect into other things and areas it seems like. All good stuff! (thanks to the feeding tube) It just all takes time...time to re-organize, time to research, make phone calls, time to shop, time to get adjusted...oh and cash! Lol! And the timing could not be more perfect - right around Christmas...Oh, well...God knows what He is doing and His timing is always perfect. My timing aways stinks so I will just trust HIM with all this. A weird mix of emotions - I love watching Alex grow up but I hate that she is growing up...I feel like before I know it she will be moving out...and I want to hold on to her forever...So...I will just opt to enjoy every moment I am with her. People ask me if I find all of Alexandria's special needs hard because of what I have to give up. I tell them that she is a lot of work...but she is amazing! And giving up me to care for her is not a sacrifice, it is a real privilege and joy. It is a task God assigned to me and I am blessed to care for Alex and to be her Mommy. And if this means no gym for me, not going out at night, missing events, etc. it is fine by me. This is only a season, even if the season last a few years and God will provide. Alex is God's creation and she is so amazing. I am glad to be a part of her and a part of her journey.
I spoke to the Feeding Team Child Psychologist the other day. We are 4th on the waiting list now and they anticipate we should get a call to start our appointments in mid-January. In meantime, we are not change what we are currently doing with Alex at home.
Alexandria's vomiting lessened in frequency but not enough. Per G.I. Nutrition her daytime feeds now run over 45 minutes instead of 30. We will see if this remedies the issue. If not, we will go from there to find a solution.
I still don't have a surgery date yet....I will call again on Monday to see what's going on and this time I may have to be a bit more demanding. I would like to find out exactly what the status is where we are at with all this.
"Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
-Isaiah 40:28-31-

No comments:
Post a Comment